Is It A Good Idea To Skip A Meal If You're Going To Eat At A Restaurant While On Nutrisystem?





I sometimes hear from people who understandably want to eat out from time to time when they are on the Nutrisystem diet. They are looking for ways to minimize the impact of eating out and of taking in more calories for that day. Some wonder if they should skip meals to make up for taking in additional daily calories.
I heard from someone who said: "in a couple of days, I have a work meeting at one of my favorite restaurants. Obviously, I won't be having my regular meal at lunch time. And I will be eating more on that day. Should I skip some Nutrisystem meals in order to compensate for eating out? Since I'm going to be eating a larger meal, I don't have a problem with skipping dinner. And I could skip breakfast too if that would help." I will tell you my opinion on this in the following article, but please keep in mind this is only my opinion. You can always do a live chat on the company's website or call one of the counselors for a more official answer.
My opinion from reading all of the resources that Nutrisystem provides is that you shouldn't skip any meals. Sure, you're not going to eat your Nutrisystem lunch because you will be having your lunch somewhere else. So you can just save your diet lunch for another day. But, as far as skipping breakfast or dinner, I would not advise that and here is why. The diet is designed so that you eat regularly. That is why they include snacks. This is very important because eating regularly keeps your blood sugar steady and it keeps your metabolism revving. And there is something else at play also. Since the diet is high in protein and low in carbohydrates, it encourages your body to get into a metabolic state where it is burning fat rather than carbohydrates.
This can result in steady weight loss and a body that looks more lean. Your body works hard during this process, which is one reason that you're asked not to skip meals. Here is something else to consider. The diet's meals are all very low in calories. So skipping a meal is not really saving you a lot in terms of calories. Skipping breakfast was probably the worst idea in this scenario because then you would risk eating more at lunch. And skipping dinner wasn't the best idea either, in my opinion. I suppose if you truly weren't hungry, you could always skip your dessert if you were having it at dinner.
But to answer the question posed, I don't think that it's ever a good idea to skip meals in a diet that is designed so that you eat regularly. Yes, she would take in additional calories at the restaurant, but she could just resume with her normal regimen the next day with the diet meals, at least that is the way that I see it.
Want more tips on being successful on or starting Nutrisystem while saving money? Ava's Nutrisystem Information Website features articles meant to help you evaluate and have success with this diet. There's also a link to a free eBook and the latest coupons to help you get started. You can visit her at http://ava-alderman-weight-loss-articles.com/

Share this article

pertepods-avatar

Author : Massin

Just a simple men trying to make his place in the IM world. i'm a athlete, and i love FITNESS... i made this blog to share with you what's working for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment